Recognizing what triggers your seizures can help you know when a seizure may be coming and prepare you to decrease the likelihood that a seizure might happen next time.
- Flashing/Flickering lights
- Certain foods, high amounts of caffeine
- Alcohol or drug usage
- Certain patterns
- Low blood sugar, not eating properly
- Fevers or other illnesses
- Sleep deprivation: Not getting enough sleep, not sleeping well, overtired
- Menstrual Cycle or other hormonal changes
Tip: Keep a note of your seizure triggers for future doctor’s appointments, you can use apps such as Epsy to help.